Follow these easy steps to cut the neck of a sweatshirt and give it a more stylish look. With just a few supplies and a little time, you can have a great new shirt to wear.
Checkout this video:
In this article, we’ll show you how to cut the neck of a sweatshirt. This is a great way to customize your sweatshirt and make it more comfortable to wear. By cutting the neck of the sweatshirt, you’ll be able to make it lower or higher depending on your preference. You can also cut the neck of the sweatshirt in a V-shape or any other shape that you like.
What You’ll Need
-A ruler or a measuring tape
1. Place the sweatshirt flat on a cutting surface. If the neck of the sweatshirt is already stretched out, you may want to dampen it and then let it dry before beginning to cut. This will help it hold its shape better as you work.
2. Measure 2-3 inches down from the current neckline of the sweatshirt, and mark this spot with a pen or a piece of chalk. This is where you will begin cutting.
3. Cut straight across the shirt at your marking, being careful to cut evenly.
4. Once you have cut across the entire neckline, try on the sweatshirt to see how it looks and feels. If you are happy with the results, proceed to step 5. If you want the neckline to be more fitted, cut off another 1/2 inch or so and try again.
5. Once you are satisfied with the fit of the new neckline, finish off the raw edge by either serging it or using a zigzag stitch on your sewing machine.
If you want to know how to cut the neck of a sweatshirt, you’ve come to the right place! This step-by-step guide will show you how to do it quickly and easily.
First, lay the sweatshirt flat on a surface. Next, use a sharp pair of scissors to cut along the seam that runs around the neck of the sweatshirt. Be sure to cut through both layers of fabric.
Once you’ve cut through the seam, you’ll need to remove the excess fabric from around the neck. To do this, simply cut along the edge of the neckline, angling your scissors in towards the center of the neck. Keep cutting until you’ve removed all of the excess fabric.
Now that you’ve cut away the excess fabric, it’s time to finish up by sealing the raw edges of the neckline. You can do this by either sewing a seam or using a product like fray check. Once you’ve finished sealing the raw edges, your sweatshirt is ready to wear!
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks for cutting the neck of a sweatshirt:
-First, make sure that the sweatshirt is laid out flat.
-Second, using a sharp pair of scissors, cut along the neckline of the sweatshirt.
-Third, try to cut as evenly as possible so that the neckline is not too jagged.
-Fourth, once you have cut along the neckline, turn the sweatshirt inside out and trim any excess fabric from the seam.
-Finally, turn the sweatshirt right side out and enjoy your new neckline!
After following these steps, you should have a perfectly cut sweatshirt neckline that doesn’t stretch out. If you’re not happy with the way it looks, you can always go back and adjust the neckline by shaving off more fabric or cutting it in a different shape. Remember to experiment and have fun with it!