The fascinating thing about getting the best automatic knife under $50 is that you get to have a handy knife that combines incredible craft, steel, and engineering intersect.
We've collected the best automatic knives in the market so that you can have a selection of the best right at your fingertips.
But, what makes automatic knives very attractive?
What Is An Automatic Knife?
If you've heard of an automatic knife, you've also heard of the switchblade. These words mean the same. This is a type of spring-assisted knife with a button to trigger the blade. Once you press the button, the blade will jump out of the handle, ready to service you.
If you're looking for a survival knife perfect for self-defense, an automatic knife is a good way to go. It's concealable, small, and lethal.
Now that you know why getting an automatic knife under $50 is a great idea let's look at the options for you.
Which Is the Best Automatic Knife Under $50?
Buy on Amazon
1. Grand Way Spring Assisted Knife
Starting us off is this military-style automatic knife under $50 that's great for camping, hunting, and other outdoor activities. If you have a special human in your life who just loves the outdoors and the adventures that come with it, this is a great gift.
Thanks to the thumb studs, you can use this automatic knife, whether left-handed or right-handed. This best automatic knife under $50 makes for a great pocket knife whether you are in the military or not.
The black-coated 440C stainless steel is corrosion-resistant and very durable. You also get razor-sharp cutting performance which is great, especially if you use this pocket knife for self-defense.
Getting gifts for men and boys can be a hard thing. However, you won't have to worry about gift ideas until next year with this pocket knife available.
2. Grand Way Spring Assisted Folding Knives
- Pocket knife is made of high quality materials. Blade material is 440c stainless steel, handle - wood and metal. Equipped with a glass breaker. Pocket clip available. Assisted opening knife. Tactical knife.
- Rosewood and black metal handle hunting knife is a stand out design. Since the knife is comparingly small- it can be stored in the truck, car or the boat to be available for camper at any emergency event. Small pocket knife for women, men. Perfect combat knife, cutting knife. Tactical gear. Pocket knife with a clip. Multitool knife.
- Spring assisted knife is equipped with a safe and reliable liner lock. Equipped with the thumb studs for right and left hand opening. Sharp foldable pocket knife. Jack Knife. USMC marine knifes. Belt, boot, work and hobby knives.
- Cool folding knife for camping, hiking, fishing, travel, survival, climbing, biking. Deer duck hunting. EDC, work, self defense, rescue, safety, military and army knife. Cool camp and survival gear. Camping accessories cooking, kitchen tools. Hunting and fishing gear for men.
- Perfect gift idea - Gifts for husband from wife, proving hugely popular as dad gifts, gifts for men, brother, college gifts for guys and even father in law gifts, perfect gift for Christmas, graduation, anniversary, birthday, thanksgiving day. Stocking stuffers for men.
Here's another perfect gift idea for your man or brother. This best automatic knife under $50 is made of very high-quality materials despite being very affordable.
The knife blade is made of 440C stainless steel like the other option above, making it durable.
Another great feature of this best automatic knife is the glass breaker. You also get a cool and convenient pocket clip that makes it fit well within your pocket.
The design of this automatic knife under $50 is stylish, thanks to the rosewood and black metal handle.
You can place these best automatic knives in your car, bag, boat, truck, and anywhere else you like. You can use this pocket knife as a cutting knife, combat knife, and for other various reasons.
Think of this knife as a multitool knife and a great everyday carry.
The reliable and safe liner lock and thumb studs also make these best automatic knives very convenient.
3. Kershaw Leek Pocket Knife (1660)
- KERSHAW LEEK POCKET KNIFE: The Kershaw Leek might just be your new favorite EDC. Not too big, not too small, the 3-inch blade and slim design make it capable of fulfilling a wide range of cutting tasks. Made in the USA.
- DROP POINT PLAIN EDGE BLADE: Made from high-performance Sandvik 14C28N stainless steel, the blade resharpens easily and holds its edge. The bead-blasted finish provides a clean, matte look.
- 410 STAINLESS STEEL HANDLE: The corrosion-resistant, stainless-steel handle is contoured for a comfortable grip while in use. Silver, bead-blasted finish. Includes reversible pocketclip for right, tip-up/down carry.
- DESIGNED WITH SAFETY IN MIND: Equipped with Kershaw’s SpeedSafe assisted opening for easy one-handed release with flipper. Frame lock secures blade open while in use and Tip-lock slider keeps blade locked closed when folded.
- SIZE SPECIFICATIONS: Blade Length: 3in. Closed Length: 4in. Overall Length: 7in. Weighing in at 3oz. Backed by Kershaw’s Limited Lifetime Warranty.
This Kershaw Leek pocket knife has a blade length of 3 inches and is one of the best performing knives in the steel world. The edge-retention and corrosion resistance add to the appeal of this pocket knife.
You will get hardness and extra strength from these automatic knives thanks to the 410 stainless steel handle.
The tip lock ensures that these automatic knives don't open while carrying, while the frame lock gives them a slim, sleek style as you hold the blade open.
The blade length is a cool 3 inches, while the closed length is 4 inches. This is pretty convenient, especially when you want to use these automatic knives for self-defense purposes. So get ready to get maximum functionality with this automatic pocket knife.
4. Smith & Wesson SWMP4LS Folding Knife
- DIMENSIONS: 8.6 inch (21.8 cm) overall length with a blade length of 3.6 inches (9.1 cm) and a weight of 7.6 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 4034 black oxide high carbon stainless steel with a black aluminum handle with rubber inlay
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient pocket clip, flipper/finger actuator and M.A.G.I.C. assisted opening making it ideal for everyday carry
- SECURE: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the liner lock and safety lock
- BE PREPARED: Knife Features Glass Breaker And Seatbelt Cutter
This Smith & Wesson 8.6-inch automatic knife is durable, dependable, and safe to use. The knife blade is made from 4034 black oxide high carbon stainless steel, which is reliable and durable.
The black aluminum handle comes with a rubber inlay that makes holding this automatic knife under $50 a joy.
Thanks to the flipper, you will be able to quickly and seamlessly access the convenient pocket clip. So if you've been looking for a pocket knife with a serrated blade, today is your lucky day because this knife has one.
In addition to the serrated blade and pocket clip, you also get a very safe experience. First of all, the rubber inlay on the knife handle ensures that it doesn't slip from your hands as you use it.
Secondly, you also have the liner lock and safety lock that also ensure no slipping happens.
The one drawback you can expect with this automatic knife is the weight. It may feel heavy in your hand for such a small automatic knife. Nonetheless, you can expect the functionality to be as seamless as the design.
5. Smith & Wesson SWATMB High Carbon S.S. Assisted Opening Knife
- DIMENSIONS: 7.5 inch (19 cm) overall length with a blade length of 3.2 inches (8.2 cm) and a weight of 3.9 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 4034 Black Oxide High Carbon S.S. with a black, aluminum handle with Trac-Tec inserts
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient pocket clip, ambidextrous thumb knobs, flipper/finger actuator and M.A.G.I.C. assisted opening making it ideal for everyday carry
- SECURE: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the liner lock and safety lock
- CONVENIENT: Lanyard Hole Porvides Mulitple Carrying Options
Just like our previous pick, this best automatic knife under $50 is durable, reliable, and built for your safety.
The major difference is that this knife is 7.5 inches, making it shorter than the other knife. Another difference is that this handle is made of aluminum and has Trac-Tec inserts.
Nonetheless, you can trust that all the other features like the safety lock and liner lock are also present in this smith & Wesson knife.
What Should You Consider When Choosing An Automatic Knife?
When choosing a foldable automatic knife, you have to consider the size, especially after considering where you're going to put it.
In addition, you should also realize that in some parts of the world, carrying a big automatic knife is prohibited.
Therefore, you should go through the laws within your state or country to see what sizes of automatic knives are allowed.
This will save you the headache of getting arrested and also allow you to use your foldable knives in peace.
If automatic knives of all sizes are legal in your state, then the only other thing you should think about is where you'll be carrying your pocket knife; this will give you a good idea of the size to work with.
You should also consider the size of your hand as you're picking your knife for everyday carry. Automatic folding knives that are smaller in size are great for precise tasks, while bigger ones are great for hard tasks.
The construction of pocket knives affects their performance. Therefore, as you choose the one you want, consider what kinds of tasks you'll be doing with it.
Why is construction important? Because good construction ensures that your knives will not break down after a few uses. If high-quality materials are used, and the parts are properly assembled, you will have a knife that lasts for a long time.
Therefore, whether you want to get Kershaw Link pocket knives or any other knives on our list, ensure that they are durable. This will also give you peace of mind as you use your knife because you know that it can handle a lot.
If you don't intend to use your knives for hard tasks, you may enjoy ones with softer stainless steel blades. In addition, these stainless steel blades are easy to sharpen, which can give you an easier time.
3. Folding Vs. OTF
Although most of the knives we've looked at today are foldable knives, there's also another option. This is the OTF (Out-the-Front). Here's another factor that reminds you to check your rules to see if automatic knives are allowed in your state.
Anyway, once you've confirmed that you have the green light, you can consider if you want an OTF knife or a foldable knife.
There are several styles to consider as you choose your knife. Some of the various styles include tactical automatic knives, everyday carry knives, and lots more.
Tactical knives are durable, fast, and precise. This means that if you intend to use your knife in high-stress situations, consider a tactical knife. Our first two picks are great examples of this.
Everyday carry knives are similar to tactical knives but have more finesse and flash. Whether you choose a tactical knife or an everyday one, ensure that it fits your preferences and style.
You can also consider if your tactical knife comes with a glass breaker if that's something that you want.
Knowing what you'll use your durable knife for will allow you to choose the right features. Whether you want assisted opening, a reliable liner lock, a glass break feature, a reversible pocket clip, or even an additional safety lock, knowing what you need beforehand can help with the selection of a good automatic knife.
Frequently Asked Questions About Automatic Knives
1. What is the liner lock mechanism?
The liner lock mechanism is found in folding pocket knives. In addition, it is often found in knives that are for use with one hand. This liner lock mechanism allows you to close and open your knife with one hand.
Although they are convenient, liner lock knives are not the best when you're working on heavy tasks. This is because these liner lock knives are made from thinner pieces of metal and can wear if exposed to hard tasks.
2. What is an assisted folding knife?
An assisted folding knife is a knife in the folding knife category. This assisted folding knife uses an internal mechanism to open once you've partially opened it.
You can use a flipper or thumbnail attached to the blade to partially open it before the internal opening mechanism takes over.
3. Is glass-reinforced nylon good for knife handles?
Yes. Glass-reinforced nylon is a good material to use when making knife handles because it is stable at high temperatures, strong, impact-resistant, and has good chemical inertness.
Therefore, if you find a knife that has glass-reinforced nylon for its handle, you know you're in good hands.
4. What is a serrated clip point blade used for?
Using a back and forth motion, you can use this clip point blade like a small saw. With this feature, you can cut through ropes, belts, and even fabric if you have a razor-sharp blade.
Any other substance that's flexible and soft can also accommodate serrated blades. The advantage of a serrated option is that it can do some things that a drop point blade cannot.
5. Is an automatic knife worth it?
Yes. These knives make amazing self-defense weapons and are easily portable. This means that you can seamlessly use them anywhere and everywhere without worrying about hurting yourself or others when carrying them.
Another thing is that these knives are very handy, especially when you need to do tasks that require you to use one hand. Not many knives can handle this. Once you get the perfect tactical knife that matches your needs, you may never go back.